My main research lines developed during my career can be summarized in the following 2 questions:
- What are the causal genetic and epigenetic variants, genes and pathways involved in aging-associated diseases? Can they be used as diagnostic and prognosis biomarkers?
- Aging is the main non-modificable risk factor for several pathologies. What factors do accelerate the aging processes? Which effects have aging acceleration in human health?
Main research lines:
- Epigenetic variants, genes and pathways implicated on cerebrovascular and Alzheimer’s diseases.
- Biological aging, aging factors and disease
- Genetic variants, genes and pathways implicated on cerebrovascular disease